Teak has adhesive board rails, and screw-in board rails in the “Gem Edition” shape. The Gem Edition shape has a similar shape to standard board rails, but they feature slightly faced edges like gemstones.
The adhesive board rails are perfect if you don’t want to make permanent holes in your board, or aren't sure if you want board rails on your board forever. To apply your adhesive board rails, follow these steps:
- Slowly remove the adhesive backing from each board rail.
- Place each board rail on the deck.
- Press down firmly and ensure that the board rail is stuck on the deck.
- Wait a few minutes to let the adhesive properly adhere to the deck.
- Start your session with your fresh set of board rails!
The screw-in board rails may look like the traditional skateboard rails, but keep in mind that these will make permanent holes in your board. If you plan on keeping your board rails in or like the way they look, then the screw-in board rails will work great for you. To apply your screw-in board rails, follow these steps:
- Place the board rail on your board in the position where you would like it.
- Use a fingerboard tool to screw in the middle screw.
- Once the middle screw is secure, apply the screws to the two outer holes.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for the second board rail.
- Double check that all screws are tightened, then start your session!
HELPFUL TIP: Applying the board rails screws is more challenging than applying screws to your trucks when you assemble a setup. Using a professional tool will help with this process because they're easier to grip and twist.
If you’d like to try out a set of board rails, you can check out all the colors and options here!